6700k @ 259! Cheapest yet! microcenter

Pulled the trigger on this last night along with an open box Msi gaming m7 board that I snagged for $125 which included a $40 promo which lowered it to $85 plus a $20 rebate. Microcenter is great ☺

I wanna get it and then look at it before I install it.

I'd buy it if it didn't require a new MB, as well. Installing those things is such a pain.

I'd buy it if it didn't require a new MB, as well. Installing those things is such a pain.

I'd be really tempted as well but in addition to a motherboard I'd also need memory. The cost for 32GB of memory plus cpu and motherboard is not worth the benefit, at least not to me. I'm probably going to skip DDR4 altogether unless Intel comes up with a miracle breakthrough that makes my 2500k obsolete.

I'd be really tempted as well but in addition to a motherboard I'd also need memory. The cost for 32GB of memory plus cpu and motherboard is not worth the benefit, at least not to me. I'm probably going to skip DDR4 altogether unless Intel comes up with a miracle breakthrough that makes my 2500k obsolete.
Us 2500K troglodytes won't be upgrading until the sun burns out.

They're just gonna keep dropping the price because they're scared of Zen..

giphy.gif

They're just gonna keep dropping the price because they're scared of Zen..

giphy.gif

Somehow I'm almost 100% sure that ZEN will just be mediocre and won't even match skylake.

We'll see but I've been down this road before. Anything that is hyped usually sucks, anything that has no hype and is just released and best people notice and you don't need marketing. Simply because of the amount of marketing I'm almost 100% sure we will be disappointed.

I'm still on a 2600k myself, sad how bad and Intel has become because AMD took a shit for the worse.

5 years later using the same CPU? What a joke, we should be at 8 GHZ by now on 1 core, with 12 cores and 8nm but no competition.

Back