670 (reference) Buzzing fan sound

I have this too, it seems to be common on them. I'm just putting up with it until a water block comes out.
 
If it bugs you, send it back. I think you'll regret it if you dont.

You dont list any system specs. Could you switch to onboard graphics? Or maybe buy a cheap solution from a local store just to hold you over until you get the replacement.

Good Luck.
 
I was just wondering is there a way I could change the fan or something..

specs are
i5 2500K OC@ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H60 Water Cooler
Gigabyte Z68A-D3
8.0GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
Crucial 64GB SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Palit gtx670
 
I was at a hardware shop yesterday and the guy there started talking about several GTX 670's that were sent back because of a buzzing fan sound.

So yeah, it seems to be quite a common problem.
 
I don't hear it on my evga ref model. Is it because of the clear plastic sticker that they put on to protect the card?
 
^^ Yeah, I might just send it back then I guess. :( If anyone has any other suggestions to fix it, I would be greatly appreciative!!

Rolling, yeah I took the plastic off :) .. I guess it's just hit and miss...

Really disappointed in Nvidia
 
I'd avoid all reference 670s , there are a LOT of complaints about coil whine and buzz with the reference cards.....
 
yeah awesome, great. thanks for the awesome advice there.

Imbecile

Right...clearly keeping your reference card (defeating the point of the thread) or continuously buying/refunding reference cards until you happen to find one that isn't problematic would be a better option. I was being serious and you call me an imbecile. Do you treat your clients that way as well if their comment doesn't jive with you?
 
Did EVGA get you taken care of bro? I'd be pissed if my box was tossed around like that!
 
And also, what's the stop the next one from having the same issue? :(

seems like they're all pretty cheaply put together.

I went back to GTX 480 SLI...it's better anyway. Better minimum framerates is what I prefer. heavily modded Skyrim runs a little smoother with than the OC'd 670. Stays closer to the vsync lock. 90% of the time actually.
 
Right...clearly keeping your reference card (defeating the point of the thread) or continuously buying/refunding reference cards until you happen to find one that isn't problematic would be a better option. I was being serious and you call me an imbecile. Do you treat your clients that way as well if their comment doesn't jive with you?

Have you read my posts in this thread at all?.. I'm asking if there's ways to change the fan/cooling and the best way to do that.. I even said 'refunding would be pointless as it might have the same issue'..

'Don't buy reference' is just a ridiculous thing to say and completely unhelpful, as I've explained I need my GPU functional right now... It's like some guy telling you he has lung cancer and you say 'DON'T SMOKE BRO'.. it's just utterly pointless.

And what on earth does my work have to do with this? Get real man.
 
If you want a new fan get an accelero. And stop asking here if you get upset at answers that you don't like....not like its hard to find an answer to that question.
 
Back
Top