• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

6600GT vs 6800

well, looking at those game benchmarks, I don't see any point in returning your 6800 for a 6600GT... :confused:


Maybe I'm confused...
 
The 6800 card has a 256-bit memory bus, compared to the 128-bit 6600gt bus. For bandwidth hungry 3d apps....you'lll notice a difference.

besides, faster with less pipes doesn't equate the same or faster speed than a card that's slower with more pipes. My 9600xt is a prime example. My clock speeds are 655/740 (ddr)...it's a 4-pipe card w/128-bit mem bus (stock speeds are 500/650). But does it keep up with a 9700/9800 that's running 8-pipes and a 256-bit mem bus at stock speeds of maybe HALF of what I'm running?? HELL NO! :p Only at lower resolutions like 1024x768 and below. The extra memory bandwidth and the extra 4 pipes make a HUGE difference.

If I were you, I'd wait for benchmarks and driver updates before dumping your 6800 for a 6600gt (and if you do, I may be interested since I've only got a 9600xt :D )
 
price wise though....i guess i kinda wish id waited for the 6600gt...cause I really dont have that much money and it just seems like a better deal...oh well
 
Back
Top