6600gt-fubar

markmclean

n00b
Hello. My "high-quarity" refurbished rosewill PCI-E Ge-Force 6600GT (128mb) seems messed upped. My machine starts up fine, and the display looks normal, with all the startup stuff until the winxp loading screen comes up. Then, it looks all " crazy double vision" to quote my friend, a fellow witness to the "miracle". Almost 3/4 the pixels of the WIndows XP Logo are in the center of the screen, where they belong, but the rest are scattered all over the screen in fragments of partial chunks of the picture. This is crazy. Does anyone know whats up with my (now spare) video card? My bfg 7800gt OC works great, same baord, same slot. same monitor, same dvi-vga adaptor. Thanks all. I hope it can be fixed. :(

markmclean said:
Hello. My "high-quarity" refurbished rosewill PCI-E Ge-Force 6600GT (128mb) seems messed upped. My machine starts up fine, and the display looks normal, with all the startup stuff until the winxp loading screen comes up. Then, it looks all " crazy double vision" to quote my friend, a fellow witness to the "miracle". Almost 3/4 the pixels of the WIndows XP Logo are in the center of the screen, where they belong, but the rest are scattered all over the screen in fragments of partial chunks of the picture. This is crazy. Does anyone know whats up with my (now spare) video card? My bfg 7800gt OC works great, same baord, same slot. same monitor, same dvi-vga adaptor. Thanks all. I hope it can be fixed. :(

wow..that sounds nuts. I doubt it's any sort of heat or other "easy-fix" issue, so I'd assume it's time for an RMA.

1. Yep, its nuts, but its old, warranty is gone. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
2. Yep. Fan works, card seems cool, tried it with my watercoolings setup, same problems, :(
-Mark

Rosewill is neweggs "house" brand. Just cheap stuff. Having a refurbished rosewill is even worse. My guess is it just went bad. Sorry.

Well you could try and see if you installed the video card correctly. Sometimes it is the most simple things you overlook. Have you and your friend look over your entire setup for somethign that maybe wrong (cable unhooked etc.)

Wow! This card was really messed up. There's two larger capacitors at the rear of the card, and I found one on the floor of my case, guess it fell off. I soldered it back on, gonna try and test it. That amazes me, a cap fell off the board! never had that happen before. :eek: :eek: :eek: -Mark

Back