• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6600 GT with 256MB

jengel

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
6
Hi guys!

I'm currently looking for a new system and found this Gainward 6600 GT with 256 MB 2.0ns DDR3.

http://www.gainward.de/new/products/pcx/ultra_1000/comparison2.html


But I can't find no reviews for that one, only for a 128MB version which has quite good reviews...

Can anyone who knows that card tell me how the 256er does compared to a 6800gt or a 6600gt 128mb? Will it perform better in high resolutions around 1920x1200(shouldn't it)?

Or can anyone recommend me a good card for mostly non-gaming, pcie, 2x dvi around 200€ to use in a barebone sys (please no more-hsf-than-card ones).

Anyway, I'm not planning to overclock neither my system nor the card.


thx
 
I dont think it would be that big of an improvement, since the 128bit memory bus kinda bottlenecks it. But it certainly beats the 128mb, since its the same latency. I'd go for it unless it costs more than a 6800NU.
 
Back
Top