• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

660 GC vs 7580 OC'd

i have msi 7850 2gb cards and galaxy gtx 660 cards. the gtx660s are faster out of the box. the 7850s are supposed to be in the range of the pre boosted 7950s once overclocked to 1200/1600 but neither of my 7850s get that far. when both sets of cards run in the 1100mhz range they are actually very even in terms of performance.
 
I owned a Zotac 660 for a while before I got a stellar deal on my 660ti and I concur with the above poster, once both cards are OC'd performance is very, very close between both cards. I was posed with the question which one to sell and I decided to keep my 7850 and sold the 660.
 
Damn. So it sounds like a 660 GC and an OC'd 7850 are about on par?

Well my decision just got a lot harder. Any experience/input/feedback with Galaxy cards of late?
 
[H] performed an eval of the galaxy gc card not too long ago. i have the referenced cooled galaxy gtx660s.

if the price you paid for the gtx660 is the same as the ad, then i would have purchased the powercolor 7870 myst instead. i really don't find any reason outside of brand loyalty not to go with an amd product. the price point and game bundle make the radeons too tempting.
 
Last edited:
[H] performed an eval of the galaxy gc card not too long ago. i have the referenced cooled galaxy gtx660s.

if the price you paid for the gtx660 is the same as the ad, then i would have purchased the powercolor 7870 myst instead. i really don't find any reason outside of brand loyalty not to go with an amd product. the price point and game bundle make the radeons too tempting.

I paid about ~$178 (after rebate, which I've heard Galaxy is actually pretty good at)
 
That's about $30 less than the Myst/Sapphire XT. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you [you can sell the games so the Myst would be cheaper]. The card you have is a good card though. I'd stick with it and when it's too slow add another.
 
Back
Top