650w XClio

Da_Bomb

n00b
I just found this on neweggs site I've never heard of X-CLIO before. The funny thing is I checked their site and the 650w is not listed there :rolleyes: . It looks good for NT06/SG01 combo because of extra large 140mm fan. The fan takes up 96% roughly of the power supply space so it doesnt look longer than a normal ATX power supply. Anyone know anything about this? If it doesnt seem right what black modular psu, with min of 120mm fan, thats good enough for SLI would u reccommend? I would like to throw in a black hiper 580w power supply but is that to big for a SG01? Oops almost forgot to link it :p
XCLIO 650w Power supply

i have heard the xclio 450bl is a pretty good psu. Dont know about this model but the brand isnt bad.

Oops... Lol :rolleyes: . I did not notice there was stuff below. Hmm... What makes me wonder though is only one dedicated pci-e cord. Otherwise it looks good. The size looks normal considering the 140mm fan takes up most of the space. Has anyone managed to fit a 600w modular Silverstone, or a Hiper modular 580w power supply in a sg01?

the photos are most likely stock photos of the old revision/prototype. the photos on egg look more like the real deal.

Falcon Northwest managed to squeeze a 600W into their FragBox, which is the same size as SG01.

Well I want at least a power supply that can run SLI, thats modular, is black, with black sleeving, and has a minimum of a 120mm fan. I want that size fan because I wana use a NT06 cooler from silverstone. Any recommendations?

Da_Bomb said:
What makes me wonder though is only one dedicated pci-e cord.
They all have 2. There was a deal on the 450w a few months ago and there were lots of positive responses. Being SLI certified also seems to be an accomplishment, although, it became mysteriously more common, once Crossfire became available…

Oh i didn't notice the pci-e off the main non modular cord next to the 24 pin header. Hmm.. wow the 600w silverstone is a very tight fit. I think i'll give x-clio a try when I build, they look small, and with short cables.

Xclio PSU's have typically been ChannellWell (CWT) products.....the same OEM as the Antec Truepower's. This is the first time I have seen the 650w so I will have to look it up.....4/12v's.....hmmm......

As for the Fragbox....I believe that was a Seasonic S12.

Da_Bomb said:
According to his link there is silverstones 600w modular in the fragbox :)

Haha...pays to read on my part and not rely on memory :eek: :p

Spectre said:
Xclio PSU's have typically been ChannellWell (CWT) products.....the same OEM as the Antec Truepower's.
yup, i've been using an xlcio 450w psu for the last year (ever since newegg started to sell them) and this thing has been stable no matter what i throw at it. definitely a great bang for the buck brand.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help :D . I think when I get around to ordering my parts im gunna try the 650w X-Clio.

I'd like to know how it performs as well. I've had the 450BL for over a year and it hasn't let me down yet.

Back