650D Unboxing - PICS

AARGH!

Gawd
Okay 1st go at this, so bear with me...

UPS delivered my Corsair 650D and thought I would take some pics, as Corsair has outdone themselves..

The box...

5490609228_60753bbeb1_z_d.jpg

5490013953_eca650f62e_z_d.jpg

Pop the top and....

5490013923_98f60f98bb_z_d.jpg

Yep, those of us who have bought Corsair PSU's know how much they love putting things in the black bags and the case is no exception here..

Last edited:
Okay out of the box...

5490609314_8e65e8435d_z_d.jpg

and out of the bag..

5490609340_6ed3835fa3_z_d.jpg

the front..

5490014053_28c5af5831_z_d.jpg

the back..

5490609376_7020f30846_z_d.jpg

the top..

5490014017_d032befa22_z_d.jpg

That's it so far? That's a tease if I've ever seen one!!! More please.

Edit: oops, I see you're adding more as we speak . . . thx

Here is the front panel open..

5490609352_56a795bddf_z_d.jpg

and the dock top bay..

5490656458_c8756b1342_z_d.jpg

Which I have my first complaint about. Once you get it open, closing it completely is impossible. Once I get it all open, I will look and see if it is catching on something.

So other than the docking bay door not wanting to close, other comment is this thing loves fingerprints.. (or maybe it was just the Wendy's Double I had for dinner) ;)

But other than that, Corsair did an awesome job, can't wait to load this thing up. I love the quick release handles, after dealing with thumb screws on my 6 Antec 900's this is a welcome change of pace. I could not be happier with this case!

I don't think I will wait for my rev B3 P8P67 Pro to show up (someday), and put in my current board as a test run to see how things fit and such. That and I've been waiting for this bad boy since they first showed pics of it, and so roomy compared to the 900 I won't mind swapping motherboards from now on!

Last edited:
That's my next case. Where did you buy it? I thought it wasn't available until April.

Newegg had it for all of half a day or so in stock before it sold out last Thursday. I ordered mine at 8am.

So its basically a squared 600t.

Yup, looks like I've found my next case... I got a silly old Antec 900 aswell.

First corsair case I would (will) buy. The 700/800 are too big for me, this looks just right.

finally get to see the case with a computer in it, and also wondering the answer to tyrant222's question

This is going to be my next case too, I fell in love with it the second I saw one. In my opinion its the perfect size. Be sure to keep posting pictures of your build and cable management!

Awww, they went with the semi-gloss interior finish instead of the textured finish on the 800D.

thanks for the pics.

how exactly or where exactly do you control the fans?

If you look at the pic of the sata bay, bottom left corner is a 3 position switch.

Also you can close the lid on the docking bay if you have these things my wife calls "fingernails". She was able to close it without issue, so I guess I will have to work on that. :)

Very nice thanks for the pics - definitely my next case as I'm tired of my Antec P183 - too cramped for the amount of stuff I have it it.

Glad to see the roof-mounted 200m fan is a bit further back than the 600t. I'm pretty sure bit-tech was spot on that the too-far-forward placement of that fan on the 600t was the primary cause for its sub-par cooling performance.

Case looks great and has lots of useful stuff like the PSU dust filter, flexible hdd cage mounting points, grommeted cable routing holes and big-ass cpu cutout. Hopefully after it's been out in large volumes for a few months, the price will drop a bit from the MSRP to somewhere around ~$170-180. Even at 200 though, it'd probably be my first choice for a case atm so long as the cooling performance is solid.

Are there dust filters for all of the fans like the 600t has?
Does this have more room inside than the 600t? I hate how my Vid Card barely fits in my Antec 180p

Time to see if they can deliver on a mesh side panel with fan placements in the near future.

Let the parade of reviews begin! I want this case so badly!!! Corsair did an excellent job on this case.

Interested to see how much space there will be between the edge of an atx board and the drive bays. The 800d is overkill for my 2x 3.5" HDs + 1(2) SSDs and only a single GPU, but I love how much room there is when you need to do work inside the case!

i initially thought i was going to go 800d, but then saw it in person at microcenter. It was beyond huge, and taking it home for things like christmas and spring breaks would be rather irritating. The 650d on the other hand is similar in size to my rc-690, i can't wait for the 650d to be in stock at my local Microcenter, well that and having enough money to buy it

I will be migrating from my Antec 900 starting this weekend, I will post pics once I get started.

The top radiator mount looks like it has holes for 2 different sizes. Can you check if it fits 140mm fans up top?

Also rear fan mount looks like it could fit a 140mm if you drilled new holes, can you confirm clearance please?

Top mount supports the 200mm that's installed as well as 2x120mm or 2x140mm per Corsair's website.

It looks like a pretty good case, but $200 is just way too much for a mid-tower in my opinion, especially one that's made out of steel.

Can you remove (or relocate) the top harddrive cage like in the 600T?

I'm ready to get rid of my last Antec 900 and get one of these. I just won't need all 6 HDD bays in the system I'd be putting in it.

After owning two 800Ds, it would be hard to own the 650D.
I'm actually glad I didn't buy one now. Not my style.

Back