• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

64 bit xp in sn95g5?

CrUnChh

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
119
anyone know when there are going to be some drivers to support the 64 bit xp beta os for the sn95g5? seems like shuttle and nvidia colaboration is slacking off a bit ;)
 
I know that nVidia has drivers for both nForce and GeForce on their site. I plan on loading it on my system later tonight. I'll let ya know what happens. :)

-Brian
 
awsome! plz do. i made a stupid mistake several weeks ago assuming that the drivers i had would work. 1 format later, that turned out to be a huge dissapointment.
 
So I loaded x64. So far, I am not that impressed. But, I have only had about 3 minutes to play with it. Anyway, as far as drivers go, they are all there. Get the drivers from guru3d or nvidia direct. They work with no problems. I haven't tried games yet, but I will this weekend and will be sure to report back. The one driver that is a little rough to find is the lan since Shuttle had the bright idea to use a Marvell Yukon instead of the 250GB chip. :confused: Anyway, if you have trouble finding that driver online, e-mail me and I will send you over a copy. (brian&at&phoenixcis.com)

-Brian
 
PhoenixC5 said:
So I loaded x64. So far, I am not that impressed. But, I have only had about 3 minutes to play with it. Anyway, as far as drivers go, they are all there. Get the drivers from guru3d or nvidia direct. They work with no problems. I haven't tried games yet, but I will this weekend and will be sure to report back. The one driver that is a little rough to find is the lan since Shuttle had the bright idea to use a Marvell Yukon instead of the 250GB chip. :confused: Anyway, if you have trouble finding that driver online, e-mail me and I will send you over a copy. (brian&at&phoenixcis.com)

-Brian

I'm not installing XP64, but I'm curious why you didn't just post a link?
 
i know this is an old thread of mine, but i'm REALLY fargin curious as to whether this really works or not. do the drivers really work? screen shots would be helpful, but unfortunately the only person who claims to have done this so far has chosen to remain silent. i really really want to try this over thanksgiving break, but if anyone has ANY info regarding this os on the sn95g5, speak up please! are there driver issues? nvidia has more recent drivers than shuttles site does. is this due to the fact that only certain drivers will function on the sn95g5? *sigh* need some input. btw, i'm determined to attempt this and will keep the community informed on my results.
 
you say "really want" ...I cringe when I hear beta, always have but rightfully so with windows. get the hardware and xp pro...I cood go on and on with tech jargon to rebuttle an reason why to use any beta windows but I'd have to ask why u wanna use it 1st....

my .02
 
i really don't have what others would consider a legitimate reason. i think it might be cool.
 
Back
Top