630 Information, and overclock potential

Spaceninja

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
2,438
O.k. so I just built a new P4, I picked up a 3.0 Ghz Prescott 630. Everything runs great, and I am wanting to play with overclocking. I am not up to speed on the steppings on the LGA775 processors, so I wanted to know if I got a good one, or just got a run of the mill chip. Anyway CPU-Z says the following when I pull it up.

Family : F | Model : 4 | Stepping : 3

Currently running this on a MSI 915p Neo Platinum Edition Motherboard and a Gig of Mushkin PC4200 DDR2.


Thanks for any information.
 
Those 3 things dont really have naything to do with it. Look in CPU-Z for a code such as 'N0' or 'D0' or 'C0'.....SLZW9 and N0 should be prime for your chip. Either way, its easy to hit 4ghz nowadays.
 
Looks like 3.825 is as high as I go... anything higher and windows won't boot... not bad though.
 
Back
Top