630 GT Review?

Squall_Rinoa89

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any Reviews on the 630 GT? Was wondering.. Bought one for my father for a replacement of a GT 6600 128mb vram gpu and cannot find anything on how it performs vs others....

Appreciate it if you know. Built my dads PC....

CPU - Intel Core i3 2100
RAM - G.skill DDR3 1333Mhz 2gb x4
PSU - Corsair 430w Modular PSU
GPU - EVGA 630 GT 1GB DDR3
HD - WD Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16mb cache
Mobo - ECS X77H2-A3

Nah was the DDR3 version, was cheaper and Newegg was out of the 640.. v.v

Remember the over-two-year-old GT 430? That's exactly what the GT 630 is, albeit with a slightly higher GPU clock speed on the GT 630 versus that on the GT 430.

By the way, how much did you pay for that graphics card? If you paid more than about $40 for it, you paid way too much.

It was $59.99 Tried getting a 430 GT but Newegg didn't have it neither... So I went with the next one I could find without going AMD. I keep all the computers in the family practically running in tip top shape. If I can use one driver and simplify it.. its worth it.

Nvidia has probably reused that core with various clock speeds since the 9600 GSO.

So it performs close to the 430 GT? Good to know... It wasn't suppose to be a major graphics card but it was a replacement to the Intel 2000 and an old 6600 GT from BFG Tech.

I dont get why not more people (when buying VALUE PCs) are buying those cheap AMD cpus with integrated graphics and an ssd for the same price as that other stuff???

I dont get why not more people (when buying VALUE PCs) are buying those cheap AMD cpus with integrated graphics and an ssd for the same price as that other stuff???
because nearly all of them are even slower than a gt630.

Back