60Hz vs 75 Hz refresh rate

Serville

n00b
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
15
I'm considering either one of these:

Asus ML229H
http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/ML229H/#specifications
or
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-2807

Size difference doesn't matter for me. The only thing matters to me is that Dell has adjustable height which I always fine vey useful, while Asus doesn't.
But Asus ML229H seems to support higher refresh rate 30~83 KHz(H)/ 50~75 Hz(V) versus Dell 60Hz only.

Does the refresh rate 60Hz vs 75 Hz make a lot difference ?
I remember with CRT monitor, the difference between the 2 refresh rate is a very noticable flicker. But I wonder whether that applies to LCD monitor as much as CRT.

Which one will you buy ?
 
I remember with CRT monitor, the difference between the 2 refresh rate is a very noticable flicker. But I wonder whether that applies to LCD monitor as much as CRT.
LCDs don't flicker (unless there's an issue with the backlight), but their refresh rates still apply for gaming. They can only display as many full frames as their refresh rate allows.

I've said before that I think I could discern between 60 Hz and 75 Hz in a blind test. I still think I could do that. So, in my opinion, the difference is noticeable, but not substantial.
 
I would stil beat you to quad and get many more excellents, since 120 > 75
 
Thanks guys, but I think I will settle on Dell.
After thinking it through, I think the monitor height will give me more viewing problem if it's too low or too high. More people seem to agree that flicker won't be a problem like a CRT even with 60Hz refresh rate, but viewing angle will definitely affect comfortability.
So, I will go Dell this time. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top