6 port sata III card?

I was thinking about the 8 port IO crest but it does not support raid, 8 port raid cards are 200USD+ that I cannot afford.

This is why I was asking if there are 6 port raid cards any where.

Atm I have vantec Vantec 4 Channel 6-Port SATA 6 Gb/s PCIe RAID Host Card Model UGT-ST644R with HyperDuo, but the two extra ports are external esata ports.

I need 6-8 port raid card for cheap.

Any suggestions? Even used.

The way your questions are phrased is making this difficult. 1st post never mentioned RAID, and the update doesn't tell us about the RAID level or drive configuration. A $50 (used) SAS2008 is probably a good pick for RAID1 or 10 but not so much 5 or 6.

So, what are you trying to do? In detail!

The way your questions are phrased is making this difficult. 1st post never mentioned RAID, and the update doesn't tell us about the RAID level or drive configuration. A $50 (used) SAS2008 is probably a good pick for RAID1 or 10 but not so much 5 or 6.

Nice. SAS2008. I would have to buy the one>4 x 2 cables for it separately?

Yea prob in future if I get out if burstcoin mining I will 1+0 raid 4 same drives.

50usd LSI SAS 2008 from eBay all ship from China. :(

Nothing wrong with getting parts from China, just takes a week or two to receive it.

Seems to be I c cannot find the min-max capacity per channel on sas2008.

Ima be running 4 3TB in 1+0 raid.

Means the firmware on card does not do RAID. All drives show up as individual disks.

Many users buy these cards to use OS raid ( zfs, btrfs, mdadm, windows os raid, ...)

Last edited:
I believe I found my pick.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/LSI-SAS9211-8...%3Afadcad2d15c0a884e0aadc80fff68b67%7Ciid%3A4

And

2 x https://www.amazon.com/CableDeconn-...kmr1&keywords=Mini-SAS+to+4x+SATA+3+90+degree

Because of the 90's

The HDD ports sit behind the ssd's.
ZymqRD7.jpg

n1mgYRt.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok I been reading about the 9211-i8 by LSI, there is no cache nor BBU.

BBU isn't a huge deal because I use a omnivs1000.
https://www.tripplite.com/omnivs-120v-1000va-500w-line-interactive-ups-tower-usb-port~OMNIVS1000/

But the tripplite software is buggy n not sure if software actually turns the pc off correctly on a power outage.

I was looking one step above 9211-i8 that comes with cache n BBU. Buy is very pricey, used.

Are there any other good alternatives to the 9211-i8 with hardware cache?

I read that this card is junk in IR mode.

Are there any other good alternatives to the 9211-i8 with hardware cache?

Other LSI based megaraid cards. Look for SAS 2108 based cards like the dell perc h700

Last edited:
Back