6 monitor setup

SavageThrash

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to put together machine for a more or less computer illiterate customer. They want a 6 monitor setup and are planning to run all 24 or 30" monitors.

At first I thought about P7P55D with 2 5450's and eyefinity however I think the mini DP connectors and adapters are going to be to much of a headache for the customer and I want to go with 3 cards using DVI/HDMI as the adapters are much simpler.

I'm really just looking for a mobo and VC recommendation. As far as I know there will be no gaming done on these machines, mostly office and monitoring work (customer runs a towing service).

What's the best bang for my buck in the i5/i7 motherboards with 3 PCI E?

You can always go with three cheap PCI video cards.

However, I would highly recommend just going with an eyefinity 6 single card solution.

I don't understand what is complicated about the DisplayPort cables. They are cleaner and simpler. 6 DP capable monitors from Dell and you're good to go.

Extend the desktop over all 6 displays and your customer will have an easier time using it.

From what I understand the customer has no monitors yet. I don't know if he plans to use his current monitors either. Which Dell monitors are DP capable?

I was just worried about him having to hook up a 2xDVI, 2xHDMI and 2xDP

A 6 monitor single GPU setup would be best if I can talk the customer into making sure he purchases all DP monitors. Anyone have a link for that card as I have a feeling it will be hard to find at our distributors in Ontario.

Alright well I've been searching my distys and I don't see any of the 6DP cards available and I dont want to use 2 $300 for such a trivial task.

How about a P6T-SE with 3 cheapo PCI-e cards running 2 monitors each? Do you guys forsee any issues setting up 6 monitors over 3 cards?

Back