6.22 seemingly -smp and -deino flags

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I finally got around to reinstalling F@H on my primary desktop, everything was fine until it goes to fetch a work unit. It's not using the SMP cores despite having the flags -smp and -deino tacked onto the back of the application description. For information, the application name is this:

[email protected] -smp -deino

The last time I installed 6.22 Deino I had no such problems and I can't remember doing anything differently this time. Any ideas?

look at the guide and see if you missed a step. The guide is stickied here :)

If you are still having problems try posting the relevant chunk of your FAH log file here. That might help us better diagnose the problem. I just updated my SMP client as well. It seemed to just hang for about 5 minutes before grabbing its first WU. :confused: Its folding away happily now though.

Well, I still couldn't get it to work by typing -smp -deino into the name of the application. However, if I launch it from the command line with the -smp and -deino arguments, it works fine. No doubt I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't figure out what it is. Considering how dead stable this machine is, I'm going to let it be for now. But I'd definitely like to get it figured out sooner or later.

I also got a PS3 and loaded FAH onto it, or whatever Sony is calling it now.

Do you mean to add the flags to the shortcut ? If yes, you can still do this but make sure you put those flags after the quote, not within. Alternatively, if you run with -configonly, you can put those flags in the Advanced Client Parameters line and it will stick even if you double-click on it.

The win smp client is very strange like that.
I had to remove and reinstall the client about 10 times before it would "take" and recognize the smp part.
Pissed me off for sure, and then just to find out that my laptop is unable to cool the cpu enough to successfully fold more than an hour a time.... :rolleyes:

Back