6,000 RIM Jobs On The Line

To all the BlackBerry haters out there...have you ever actually used a BlackBerry? Since my first 8530 to the 9930 I'm using now I have been completely satisfied with RIM's products. Fast, reliable, well built...can't complain!

And NO I'm not a "fanboy"...I've used iOS and Android extensively and still do (EVO 3D as my PMP)...its just when it comes to messaging, emailing, and internet use BB is supreme! Nothing better than a physical keyboard and mouse pointer, especially when it comes to selecting items without having to zoom in and shit.

Playbook is the best tablet I've ever used.

Anyways, I sincerely hope RIM recovers...OS10 will be awesome and they just need to get their shit together! I tell people that ALL RIM needs to do is push out more advertising and get more apps...I think thats why RIM is doing so bad is strictly because of APPS! GET MORE AND THE COMPANY IS SAVED!!!

Career Opportunities with Research in Motion - Search open positions at rimjobs.lol

1) The majority of our BB users have to pull the battery in their phone in order to resume getting emails from the BES

2) The BB browser is HORRIBLE and pretty well useless in most cases

3) I had an 8830 for the longest time until the BB Tour/Bold came out, I switch to a Tour, then a Bold, and eventually back to my trusty 8530. The new OS is laggy and I prefer the older OS for some reason.

4) The phones hardware is not reliable. I can't count how many 8830, 8530, Tours, and Bolds, that I have had to replace for blown speakers, constant battery pulls, keyboard failures. I do not like the iPhone, but I have not had to replace one since we started using them last year.

1) The majority of our BB users have to pull the battery in their phone in order to resume getting emails from the BES

2) The BB browser is HORRIBLE and pretty well useless in most cases

3) I had an 8830 for the longest time until the BB Tour/Bold came out, I switch to a Tour, then a Bold, and eventually back to my trusty 8530. The new OS is laggy and I prefer the older OS for some reason.

4) The phones hardware is not reliable. I can't count how many 8830, 8530, Tours, and Bolds, that I have had to replace for blown speakers, constant battery pulls, keyboard failures. I do not like the iPhone, but I have not had to replace one since we started using them last year.

Not to argue but...

1. Since owning my 9930 for the past 4 months I've never had to pull the battery. Think on older phones it was necessary as it would just get garbage in it...I've noticed with PC's the same problem, gotta restart them every now and then if left on 24/7.

2. Browser in OS7 is awesome and does everything perfectly...besides lacking Flash (which the most popular phone in the world doesn't have either) I have no issues with the brower. Its fast, reliable, and stable. Even on my old 8530 the browser wasn't that bad...but I used Opera for the browser...fixed all issues!

3. OS7 I've never had an issue with except one time I had to pull the battery when a app didn't uninstall correctly. Other than that I've had no issues...actually have had less issues with it than my EVO 3D and iPhone 3GS I own.

4. Hardware is reliable...granted I haven't own a bunch of BB but my 8530 (year owned) never had issues, the 9930 (4 months owned) is still flawless, and my Playbook still works and looks new (6 months owned)...SO...saying that, sure BB can have hardware issues...but really ANY and ALL phones do. My cousin went through 2 HTC Sensations, 1 iPhone, and a few LG Android phones...maybe its bad luck or bad production runs I dunno...

Either way, like I said, not trying to start nothin, just stating what I know to be true...always two sides to every story! :p

Not to argue but...

1. Since owning my 9930 for the past 4 months I've never had to pull the battery. Think on older phones it was necessary as it would just get garbage in it...I've noticed with PC's the same problem, gotta restart them every now and then if left on 24/7.

2. Browser in OS7 is awesome and does everything perfectly...besides lacking Flash (which the most popular phone in the world doesn't have either) I have no issues with the brower. Its fast, reliable, and stable. Even on my old 8530 the browser wasn't that bad...but I used Opera for the browser...fixed all issues!

3. OS7 I've never had an issue with except one time I had to pull the battery when a app didn't uninstall correctly. Other than that I've had no issues...actually have had less issues with it than my EVO 3D and iPhone 3GS I own.

4. Hardware is reliable...granted I haven't own a bunch of BB but my 8530 (year owned) never had issues, the 9930 (4 months owned) is still flawless, and my Playbook still works and looks new (6 months owned)...SO...saying that, sure BB can have hardware issues...but really ANY and ALL phones do. My cousin went through 2 HTC Sensations, 1 iPhone, and a few LG Android phones...maybe its bad luck or bad production runs I dunno...

Either way, like I said, not trying to start nothin, just stating what I know to be true...always two sides to every story! :p

I have to ask, but have you owned either an iPhone, Android or Windows 7 phone? I think that's what makes majority of Blackberry haters turn their backs on Blackberries. I, too, owned 5 different Blackberries before my iPhone 3Gs and now my 4s, and I have to say Blackberries are in the stone age where smartphones are concerned.

Spend a month using another smartphone - a good one at that - and then go back to the Blackberry and tell us how you like it.

I have to ask, but have you owned either an iPhone, Android or Windows 7 phone? I think that's what makes majority of Blackberry haters turn their backs on Blackberries. I, too, owned 5 different Blackberries before my iPhone 3Gs and now my 4s, and I have to say Blackberries are in the stone age where smartphones are concerned.

Spend a month using another smartphone - a good one at that - and then go back to the Blackberry and tell us how you like it.

And yes I have used modern smartphones (AGAIN, I use a EVO 3D daily) and BESIDES apps what EXACTLY does something like iOS have over BB OS other than apps. I mean really...iOS and BB OS are just as stable as one another its just that iOS has apps. That is all. Hell, even the BlackBerry desktop software kills iTunes...

See, I'm not a big app user...mainly just email and text (which BB is the best at, fact.) and internet surfing (which again it does wonderfully).

So, YOU tell ME what exactly is so great about an Android phone over my 9930...like, do you know what this phone is? The 9930 has a 2.3in 640x480 touchscreen (higher DPI then iPhone), 1.2ghz processor, 768MB of RAM, 8GB storage.

The BlackBerry 9930 IS A SMARTPHONE...it IS a touch screen and is blazing fast.

So besides 1000's of useless apps...what am I missing here?

And yes I have used modern smartphones (AGAIN, I use a EVO 3D daily) and BESIDES apps what EXACTLY does something like iOS have over BB OS other than apps. I mean really...iOS and BB OS are just as stable as one another its just that iOS has apps. That is all. Hell, even the BlackBerry desktop software kills iTunes...

See, I'm not a big app user...mainly just email and text (which BB is the best at, fact.) and internet surfing (which again it does wonderfully).

So, YOU tell ME what exactly is so great about an Android phone over my 9930...like, do you know what this phone is? The 9930 has a 2.3in 640x480 touchscreen (higher DPI then iPhone), 1.2ghz processor, 768MB of RAM, 8GB storage.

The BlackBerry 9930 IS A SMARTPHONE...it IS a touch screen and is blazing fast.

So besides 1000's of useless apps...what am I missing here?

The other 1000's of non-useless apps that doesn't cost $50+.

Rim jobs... on the line? Well if they mean like a production line they'll have the problem licked in no time. :p

Back