5V rail questions

Pylor

Limp Gawd
Most of my knowledge in terms of power consumption and usage comes from the 12v rail and all the glorious things powered by it, but I have a question that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on that I can find in 15 minutes of googling. I have a home server (listed in sig) that I bought a new hard drive for. Right now it's running 6 storage HDDs; 4x 2TB WD Reds, a 2TB WD green that's getting old, and an old 2TB seagate drive of some kind (I can get more exact if required). There's also 2 low power sandisk ultra 256GB ssds in it as well if that makes a difference. I'm running on a 360w seasonic PSU rated at 80 watts (16 amps) on the 3.3v and 5v rails, and I'm not entirely sure how much 5v power components generally consume. Does anyone have numbers at all?

For those concerned about the 12v rail, I can tell you that running cgminer at a high intensity on my gpu in this and prime95 (had to run it at below average priority or it would choke cgminer too much) at the same time, with data transferring between all 6 HDDs only consumed about 306-308 watts from the wall according to my kill-a-watt (and even less according to my UPS its hooked up to).

Back