• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5V rail problems on an Antec 480

Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1
If anyone can help me with this this problem I would really be thankful. On a cold boot Windows XP Pro never seems to fully startup without at least a second or third restart. I noticed in the BIOS that the 5V rail was reading 4.62. However, when the computer is finally able to startup and I monitor Asus Probe it eventually shoots back up to 4.85 to 5.00. Is this what is causing my system hang during startup? Once started, my system restarts fine. The problem occurrs only in the morning when I first start it up or after it has been turned off for at least an hour or two. Thought it might have been a problem with a startup application but I was able to rule this out as the problem occurs even after a fresh install of WinXP SP2. Any ideas? Am I on the right track in suspecting the problem is with the PSU? Could it perhaps be the motherboard?

My specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon XP 2800 Tbred (no OC)
Asus A7N8XE -( Rev 1008)
Chaintech AA6800 nu
Corsair XMS 2x 256MB DDR PC-3200
Maxtor 80 GB IDE
Lite-On DVD
Optorite CD/CD-RW/DVD/DVD-RW
Antec TruePower 480
 
Back
Top