• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5970 XFX Bios update

alamone

Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
592
XFX just posted a bios update for the 5970 on their website.
I just flashed mine and noticed that manual fan speed now works.

It doesn't seem like they fixed the powerplay issues with multiple monitors.
That is, if you try to overclock, you get bad flickering because the memory
clocks are going down to 300 on both cores, or at least I think that's the problem.
If you have only 1 monitor connected, overclocking works fine.
 
I've tried to fix this multiple monitor flickering issue. It is bizarre, because if I run a 3D app in a window it goes away... until I close the app.

A guy posted instructions on how to up the 2D clocks, but even if I successfully get it running at 500 core / 1000 memory at idling on the desktop, the flickering is still there.

I have a system with a 5850 and it idles at 400/900 using multiple monitors with no issues, so it isn't clock speeds alone. Maybe there is a voltage issue going on - because it appears to adjust the voltage AND clocks based on 2D vs. video rendering vs. 3D applications. But I can't find a way to adjust the voltage for 2D apps, only 3D using MSI Afterburner or one of the other over-volting tools floating around.
 
Flashed last night and manual fan control is up and running. Contacted XFX support last week and they told me they'd have a fix early this week. Had an email 9:00 AM Monday morning. Very pleased with the customer service from XFX.
 
This seems like a seriously amazing card... Too bad I have no need to upgrade any time soon :(
 
Back
Top