5970 Serious Sam HD bug

Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
931
Getting some odd behavior in this game with my new 5970. If I set the game to 1920x1080 fullscreen, I get about 20fps, no matter the graphical settings. If I switch to windowed, everything runs smooth. Anyone else experience this?
 
Vsync doesn't seem to matter. Happens both on and off. It just doesn't seem to like full screen. If I set to 1680 res in full screen I get about 40 fps, put it in a windoew and its over 100.
 
5870's in CF I get max 60 constant. with or without Vsync it stays at a max of 60...they must have capped the highest FPS it shows to that?

Could it be the Beta drivers for the 5970 have some sort of issue with the game?
 
5870's in CF I get max 60 constant. with or without Vsync it stays at a max of 60...they must have capped the highest FPS it shows to that?

Could it be the Beta drivers for the 5970 have some sort of issue with the game?

Perhaps it has some sort of config file with a cap command in it, sort of like how UT3 did.
 
u try alt tabbing out and back into the game? I have to do it occasionally in serious sam and every time a new level loads in L4D 2. also have to do it when i load up a UT3 engine game. it's getting a little ridiculous...
 
My 5870 is running it fine; looks like it's a driver bug. Keep your eye out for new betas.
 
Back
Top