5970 overclocking

EvilNando

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
387
Just got my hd5970 and doing some oc here

thing is Ive been reading everywhere that ppl is just having lots of issues overclocking this thing

but man Ive just run the overvolt tool and went straight for 5870 clocks and this is just working

oc5970.png


happy panda is happy


PD: Ive tried to run the overclock with no mod voltage at all but no luck there...
 
yeah i messed up the title there I meant 5970 lolz

too much stuff going on over here atm
 
shouldnt be that hard...

I am not so sure about the new 5970, but the old one I had is up to 5870 clock easily without a issue..

all I did is use MSI Afterburner to make it on 5870 stock voltage, then push both clock from GPU and VRAM to its clock.. and make a fan profile for it to prevent overheating..

PS: I have not yet read much issue with this overclocking, no idea where you got that from..
 
googling 5970 basically

what u mean by old and new has the 5970 changed over time?

one odd thing is that in gpuz when i select the second adapter from the list it list some weird locks.. way too low, is this OK?
 
googling 5970 basically

what u mean by old and new has the 5970 changed over time?

one odd thing is that in gpuz when i select the second adapter from the list it list some weird locks.. way too low, is this OK?

It means that you forgot to overclock the second GPU. Common mistake. It's happened to me before. Make sure to switch over to your second GPU and crank up its clock/memory speeds to match the first GPU.

PS Can you provide the link you used to download the ATI overvolt tool? I can't find it anymore.
 
Back
Top