• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5970 4gb

Probably not much if any. I think the increases you'd see from just adding more RAM will only apply at really high resolution when AA and AF are enabled.

Yeah I honestly wasn't expecting anything crazy in the terms of performance gains but it might be the edge to put it that much further ahead of the GTX480. Guess we will see soon enough.
 
Do you plan on using Eyefinity? I can play Serious Sam HD at 60fps at 5760x1200 (max fps) with 4x AA, I switch to 8x AA and the game runs at 3 fps.

Same with Fallout 3 and a few other games. I simply hit the wall with Eyefinity and AA in games that would otherwise be playable.

Crysis Warhead bogs down at 3840x1200 on certain levels WITHOUT AA due to memory capacity as well.
 
Do you plan on using Eyefinity? I can play Serious Sam HD at 60fps at 5760x1200 (max fps) with 4x AA, I switch to 8x AA and the game runs at 3 fps.

Same with Fallout 3 and a few other games. I simply hit the wall with Eyefinity and AA in games that would otherwise be playable.

That's true. Eyefinity is a consideration in regard to adding more RAM to the cards. Yes I do plan on using Eyefinity, but sadly, not for some time. Dropping the money needed to add 2 more 30" panels to my setup is a hard pill to swallow. Plus I'd need one DP adapter from Dell to make it work.
 
Back
Top