5900XT for $159 on newegg

No, XFX has always been one of the cheapest 5900 brands. It doesn't really surprise me that it's this cheap. There's almost no chance of getting a 2.2ns memory card since XFX switched over to 2.8ns even before they renamed their 5900nu to a 5900XT.

Look at the game bundle. If you wanted Companche 4, Ghost Recon, Racing Simulator 3 or MotoGP, this comes out to a pretty good bundle. Some people have been able to flash 2.8ns 5900XT/SE cards to 5950U, but I wouldn't count on it.

Still, for $1 more than a 9600XT it's a pretty good deal, 2.8ns RAM or not.
There is nothing else under $175 with a 256 bit memory bus.

Unless your only worry is PS2.0 performance there's no reason to buy the 9600XT at newegg.

ummm the XFX 5950 overclocked the most so far i think
From a stock core clock of 475Mhz and a stock memory clock of 425Mhz, we were able to overclock the card to a core speed of 565Mhz and a memory speed of 510Mhz; an core overclock of 90Mhz and memory overclock of 85Mhz.

Wow, that is a GREAT deal. There goes the whole 9600XT is $30 cheaper than 5900XT argument.

Originally posted by obs
Wow, that is a GREAT deal. There goes the whole 9600XT is $30 cheaper than 5900XT argument.

yeah, no kiddin'...too bad my ol' GF2 didn't wait a month and a half to die :(

Holy shit there are some crazy deals out now. I was going to pick up a 9800 Pro, but hell the Price/Performance is closing in to soon and fast.. I think i'll hold out for another month or something before I buy.

damn thats a good deal!
if i get a real crap card like a 5200 from my gainward ti4200 RMA, ill get one of those 5900XT's for my 1900+ comp.

I just got my MSI 5900XT from newegg on Wed. I have not been able to mess with it much as I have been busy with other things. But the little I have has been great. The few bench marks I have ran so far has it ranked in the top 10% of 5900XT cards and it is not even clocked very high yet. I have only done the auto overclocking thing and it raised it up 450 core and 800 memory. The reviews I have seen on this card have gotten them up to around 500/800+ so I have high hopes for it when I have the time to put into it getting it as good as it will go.
The only problem I have so far is that I can not get the temperature probe to work. It comes with a program to read it and it just does not work. I have emailed MSI early this morning asking for help in this matter. Other than that I am very happy with it so far.
The only game I have played any with it so far is America's Army and in that I have been running 3x the fps I was with my gf 4 440 8x. And that was with the settings on as high as they would go in it.

Anyway I would recommend this card to anyone looking for a nice budget card.

Back