5870 vs 5970

Temperfied

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
357
Well, I am weighing my options currently. I can purchase one 5870 now, and snatch one up later on. Or I can purchase one 5970.

I am particular to manufacturer's with lifetime warranties and non-reference coolers.

Any suggestions and/or opinions?
 
wait a few more weeks...fermi should be out and you save a few bucks

how many monitors? resolution?
 
2 5870s will be faster then a single 5970, reason is the 5970 is clocked @ 5850 speeds =p 725/1000 vs 850/1200
 
wait a few more weeks...fermi should be out and you save a few bucks

how many monitors? resolution?

I am going to be doing Eyefinity on 3x Asus 24" 1920x1200. I plan on waiting at least 3 weeks before purchasing, but I am already pretty much set on going ATI this round. I have decent reason to believe that Fermi won't be much better if better at all than ATI's offering. I am by no means a "fanboy" either. I am currently running BFG GTX 260.
 
I am going to be doing Eyefinity on 3x Asus 24" 1920x1200. I plan on waiting at least 3 weeks before purchasing, but I am already pretty much set on going ATI this round. I have decent reason to believe that Fermi won't be much better if better at all than ATI's offering. I am by no means a "fanboy" either. I am currently running BFG GTX 260.

I agree w/ the above posters...go w/ the 5970...you can find some in the FS section
 
The 5970 is a much better value than the 5870. The problem is finding one in stock, though.

Yep pretty much.

If you feel like saving a couple hundred bucks and having a more efficient card then definitely try for the 5970. But like others said good luck finding one.

I just got one on here today.
 
Back
Top