• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5870 + Video capture card

killerc4

n00b
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
63
I recently bought this capture card

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5523203&CatId=4957

when I stream anything 480p and under, its perfectly fine, runs well. If i try to do 720p or 1080i I will get no video. I opened the stream using Virtualdub I can see the 1080i stream when I use the preview (nothing shows up using overlay).

This lead me to believe that its an issue with my video card (XFX 5870). I thought I would try to turn off overlay, but the included media center program does not have the option. I tried to find an option in the ATI control center but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
After much MUCH testing I have narrowed the problem down to my motherboard...

I have a EVGA x58 SLI,

I have tried the card in all slots, updated bios, reformated.

I tried the card in my spare pcs, and it worked fine in all of them, in XP and windows 7.

The only thing I can think of is that it is my motherboard so I will try my luck in that forum.
 
Back
Top