• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5870 Vapor-X Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFoam

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
5,066
How does the vapor-x overclock compared to say the XFX XXX?

I am debating to myself right now... I don't know if I can pull the trigger on either one of them.

Edit: Just saw the Rev 2 of the vapor-x.... WTF BLUE?

revs.jpg
 
Last edited:
As far as cooling is concerned the Vapor-X is superior to the standard heatsink. I believe the XFX XXX is still the standard cooler. So if heat is the limitation the Vapor-X should overclock better. The disadvantage of the Vapor-X is the heat from the video card will exhaust into the case vs out the back like the standard cooler.
 
I emailed them asking if I could still get the first revision somewhere or get the second with black pcb somehow and I got this back:

Yes that’s the new version we release from this batch.

Tech




Sapphire Technology
Tech Support Center

280 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
Fax. 1-909-594-9771
www.sapphiretech.com


Yeah, take your blue pos and shove it. Thanks for not answering my question at all - oh well, I'll just take my money elsewhere.
 
Last edited:
ahaha you won't buy a video card because the PCB is blue? Do you need it to match the curtains or something?
 
Everything in the case is black, everything is sleeved black - I'll get the XFX XXX and dye the red parts black... Fucking bastards ruined the vapor-x
 
Alright so I get that you've got a theme going or whatever but honestly now they didn't ruin their video card because its PCB is a different color. I don't know about you but I usually look at my monitor when I'm playing PC games and not the back of a video card.
 
Oh I'm more pissed about the email they sent back, if they can't answer a simple question who knows how service would be. Along with the horror stories about sapphire tech ill keep clear
 
Everything in the case is black, everything is sleeved black - I'll get the XFX XXX and dye the red parts black... Fucking bastards ruined the vapor-x

You're dumb. Nobody cares what your case looks like.
 
Make sure you get the reference board nomatter what 5870 you get if you care about overclocking. All the ones with an axial fan in the middle (Vapor-X blue version included) and with the power connectors pointing out the back instead of the side have cut out the software voltage control.
 
You're dumb. Nobody cares what your case looks like.
I care what my case looks like, that's what matters.

You're partially right though - I don't care what anyone else thinks about my computer.

Why don't you worry about your own rig before you criticize others.

By the way: way to resurrect a dead thread just to attack me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top