• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5870 + Vantage help

nascasho

Gawd
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
617
I dunno if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I go to the "CPU Test 2" in Vantage it'll hang for a moment then crash to desktop w/o any error messages. The loading bar doesn't fill up or anything, just stays there for a moment.

It'll run the first one, then Calico tests no problem.

Tried disabling Crossfire, same thing. Rolled back to 9.8A... same thing. Driver sweeped in safe mode after un-install.... same thing.

I dunno if it matters, but I had the Nvidia Display drivers in before, but I made sure not an ouch of them were left behind, even in safe mode.

I even reinstalled Vantage a couple time with PhysX driver and w/o... same damn thing.

Also, return my clocks to stock, and then back. nooope.


Another wierd thing is when I ran the STALKER Clear Sky benchmark tool, it always froze at the same spot. Ran Crysis WH one time and it was incompletly drawing part of one level... but that specific issue never returned, but only happened when I ran the Framebuffer benchmark tool.

Any ideas? Last thing I wanna do is an OS reinstall... did too many of them and I just wanna post a Vantage score... :(
 
Those are the ones I'm using.

Also, just ran a Min, Max, Avg test with FRAPS on the Crysis WH lvl where you're walking through the plane wreck and you gotta meet-up with the guy that was in the jet or something.

But taking the most direct route to him from the start I got:

2009-09-27 15:37:32 - Crysis64
Frames: 2497 - Time: 49482ms - Avg: 50.463 - Min: 34 - Max: 78

No where during that test it it look like I was running 50fps...

Something is wrong here... :(
 
HOLY FUCK IT WORKED!

LMAO!

Thank you soooo much!

The biggest Issue I ran into so far is that the second card just goes into a "dead mode". Shows up as "0Mhz, 0fan speed" etc until I launch a 3d app...

Dunno. Will update. Lol.

Update: When it's in that kinda mode for some odd reason tecturs and crap freak out like crazy. Water will be in the sky and stuff.

Also, I finally was able to do it:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1447834

Holycrap.png
 
Last edited:
I'm glad I could be of service. Enjoy your new card, and if you would please, keep us informed of your thoughts on it. I do have one specific question though. How load does the fan get when the card is put under load? Is it anyhting like a 4870 or 4890?
 
I'm glad I could be of service. Enjoy your new card, and if you would please, keep us informed of your thoughts on it. I do have one specific question though. How load does the fan get when the card is put under load? Is it anyhting like a 4870 or 4890?


I couldn't tell you, I came from a 2-way GTX260 setup.

I was playing Crysis last night and my room was hot as hell and the fan never auto went above 30% from what I seen. You can't hear it really. Put them to 60%, sound like a damn card idling. 80%... hair dryer. 100% = Leaf blower.

My GTX260's were loud at 100% but these take it to the next level.

But who cares, performance ftw!

Oh, and here, i OC'd the sucker:

Holycrap2.png
 
Back
Top