5870 Two-way CF or 5970 ??

billtaco

n00b
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
46
Hi, everybody:
i will buy my new videocard recently
my current one is 260+
CPU: i7 920
RAM: DDR 3 1333 6G
EX 58
power may be not enough : 850W...
I may choose:
1. 5970
2. 5870 CF (2-way)
3. GTX ....?? (480 is strong enough ??? of course, i dont know , it's not out now...)
some reports: 480 = 1.05 * 5870 ????
so any one may help me to choose one of the three ..
Thanks a lot ...
 
Isn't 1 5970 cheaper then 2 5870's? Plus if you get a 5970 you have room to add another card if you ever wanted to.

Just have to find the 5970 in stock somewhere. ;)
 
How are the drivers working out for the 5970 vs two 5870?

As a 4870 X2 owner, it felt like I seemed to have more driver issues than 4870 Crossfire users had. So I'm very nervous about the 5970.
 
5870 isn't worth the money, alone or in pairs.

The 5970 is really worth the money. If you can find one that isn't substantially marked up, I'd go for it.
 
But if you have a game which doesn't support CF then the 5870 option right? And isn't there huuuge issues with CF and EyeFinity still - so in those situations a 5870 would be best?
 
Back
Top