5870 stocks low

BigTy

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
943
Has anyone noticed that the stock on the 5870s are really low?
 
Last edited:
title says 5870, post says 5970. 5970 stocks have been low for some time.
 
Yes very low. Imho, too low. Videos will run choppy or even freeze sometimes due to the low power play clocks. You can disable power play if you download MSI afterburner, load it, then set the volts and or mhz a notch higher. Then the card will run 850/1200 all the time.
 
confusing statement interjected here!!

i havent seen new egg run out of them for a while. just the 5970
 
I see the pricing going up and limited selection on many sites. Not talking about stock speeds on the card itself.
 
So in order to compete with Fermi, we now have a 5970 that cannot be purchased, a 5870 that now seems to start at $410, a 5850 that starts at $320. Good strategy ATI.

Are yields bad, or is demand really high?
 
5870's are becoming rarer on sites like newegg... most brands out of stock now. 5970's are and remain hard as heck to find period. I smell ATI cooking something up to compete with a strong Fermi :).
 
I noticed last week that lots of 5870 and 5850 models were out of stock, however I have seen most of them replenished this week. However prices seem to have gone up some lately.
 
Back
Top