5870 Rog Matrix, HDMI output no image?

joxang

Limp Gawd
After a bit of an epic struggle (long story) finally got hold of an ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum 5870 that I got off eBay for a good price.

Now I've run straight into a problem - the HDMI port doesn't output an image.

Plugging something into the port, CCC and Windows both detect a second monitor and act like it's there. But the monitor itself displays 'no signal'.

I've tried this with two monitors, two different HDMI cables, and with HDMI port supplying the only monitor, and also a secondary. Can't get an image.

Is the HDMI port dead? I can't understand how on the primary, everything acts like the monitor is there and perfectly fine, but there's no image.

Help would be much appreciated .

Used. Advertised as a card 'used only for testing' but probably used in a system from the amount of dust.

Seller is a nice guy, I had problems getting hold of the card from address issues but he was in constant communication throughout so pretty sure he's not a scammer. Want to make sure I've tried everything though before I contact him about the problem.

Try RMAing it? AFAIK ASUS doesn't require a proof of sale. All they need is a serial number.

Nice find, I have been wanting one forever. Well have you tried reseating it or reinstalling drivers?

Nice find, I have been wanting one forever. Well have you tried reseating it or reinstalling drivers?

Yup tried reseating, different pci-e slot, and reinstalling drivers with a clean sweep.

I may try contacting ASUS in that case if I can't sort it out. Desperate to hold onto this beauty and don't want to return it to seller :).

Back