• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5870 CrossfireX Help

Roadhog

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
282
I need a little help here. This is my first time with ATI since my 9700 pro. Anyways, the problem is, I have 2 monitors, and I can only get a display on one of them. I have tried nearly everything I can think of. The monitor turns on like it is getting feed, but the screen just stays black. I can even drag windows over to the other display, yet I cannot see them.

I have tried with crossfire enabled, and with crossfire disabled, makes no difference. Still can't get anything to display on the second screen.

If anyone could walk me through how to set it up so it will work, that would be great.

System specs:
Intel Xeon W3520
Asus p6t7 ws supercomputer
2x ati 5870
1x nvidia 8800gtx
2x OCZ agility 120gb SSD raid 0
12gb ddr3 2000mhz
 
I just want my desktop on both monitors.

I am plugging in 1 monitor to each card, as they only have 1 dvi port.
 
I just want my desktop on both monitors.

I am plugging in 1 monitor to each card, as they only have 1 dvi port.

The 5870s have two DVI ports on each card. I have yet to see one that doesn't. Only plug them into one card.
 
oh man... I am just going to pretend I didn't make this thread and go on my way...

They were plugged into the same card. BUT... I am an idiot. I had the 2nd monitor on composite input somehow. Dunno how it got there...

/facepalm

btw: messy pic of my system... I need to organize it a bit. >_<

img2207b.jpg
 
Back
Top