• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5870 + AION = Slideshow

Putz

I have a custom title
2FA
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
5,586
have to turn down like all the settings, seems to be a common issue with ATI 48XX and 58XX cards

a single 285 is leaps and bounds better in AION right now... grr what to do, send 5870 back or hope ATI fixes drivers
 
Well considering the game just came out, you can bet ATI will fix it. It's really up to you if you can hold out.
 
have to turn down like all the settings, seems to be a common issue with ATI 48XX and 58XX cards

a single 285 is leaps and bounds better in AION right now... grr what to do, send 5870 back or hope ATI fixes drivers


I know the game doesn't like CFX but I never heard of the slideshow effect with AION... :confused:
 
I can run everything at max except 8x AA at 1680 x 1050 with my 5850. I was kind of expecting to be able to max it out, but it won't do it. Might have something to do with my 2nd monitor. I should unplug it and try it out again.
 
fps just seems pretty low

single 285 2gb 2560x1600, 8xaa, max everything is 80-100 fps
SLI 285 , 90-180 fps
5870, 18-80 fps, varies a lot, turning off a lot of the AA seems to have helped but shouldn't have too on a card like this
 
the game blows, ATI is trying to help you play something else..... j/k ( but I do mean it )

anyway, I say wait for driver update, or maybe post a thread in ATI Driver forum to let them know there is some problem with it..

I remember I run fine with 4890s, not quite sure what are the problem here...
 
apparently the 9.5. and 9.6 were ok for beta but since then its been bad, but i think you need the 9.8 and 9.9 for the 58xx series, which is when the issue started
 
err.. I'm using the 9.9s with my 4870 and I get excellent FPS in Aion w/ 8x AA.. it drops in crowded areas, but I think that is more a function of my stock-clock e8200.

My 4870 approaches 180 fps in non-crowded areas at 1920x1080 w/ maxed settings.
 
Interesting...I still get like 70+ fps at 5760x1080...unfortunately the game sucks ass in eyefinity cause of the crappy vert scaling.
 
Back
Top