• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5870 accelero rev 2 pics

NeonGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2000
Messages
1,654
Just installled and thought would post a few pics. check this review with 5870 with accelron rev 2 heatsink
I have a hacked up 5870 plate with heatsink removed , looks like this installed
IMG_5339.jpg




IMAG0034.jpg


IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg
 
Last edited:
OP:
I have no idea what's going on in those pics.

GreenGoose:
Not to start a pissing match but the Accelero Xtreme 4870x2 was THE single best hardware purchase I've ever made. My computer used to sound like a 747 doing a full throttle brake stand on my desk and now it's absolutely silent. Now I can actually hear my hard drives spinning (and yes hard drive read/writes).
 
oc was fun back in the celeron and geforce days , now the thrill is gone..
you just doit cause u have to..
 
Arctic Cooling is a despicable company.

I love thier PWM fans you can daisy chain. By far the best cooling setup I have ever had. I have used some of thier other products as well and never had a problem.
 
never seen these before. so what kind of temp drops are you getting compared to stock?
 
I would say = little better than having the stock heatsink on 100 % but with out the fan noise.
You do have to deal with cooling the vrms and memory. this is my solution, hacked up 5870 heatsink i got for 20$ on net
IMG_5339.jpg


check this review with 5870
 
Back
Top