• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5870 2GB Eye6 CF - Benchmarks?

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Just curious if anybody knows where I can find some reputable/respectable 5870 Eyefinity 6 Crossfire benchmarks. I've also heard that there's massive microstutter when crossfiring these cards, does anybody know if this is true? :(
 
I had two Matrix Platinum 2GB HD5870 cards in crossfire, and I recently sold one on Ebay. Now that I am running just one, the system runs much more consistently and it performs excellent. Two of those cards were not worth the aggravation. The AMD drivers just never felt like they worked at an optimal level, and some games performed WORSE with two cards. I would suggest either using just one or going to the 6XXX series for CFX. BTW, system was a Rampage Extreme with 8GB DDR3 Mushkin Redline and a Xeon X3360 at 4.0
 
Cypress + Crossfire + Eyefinity == doesn't really work well because it was a secret feature added at the last minute without the full knowledge and support from all of the dev teams inside ATI. I wouldn't say that there is massive stutter across all titles, (especially since you have enough VRAM), it's just that the scaling isn't there. I know I had many more issues with only 1GB of RAM per GPU.

Cayman + Crossfire + Eyefinity == a beautiful thing. Take it from someone who has owned 2 5850s, a 5970, and now 2 6950s.

I'd either stick with your single E6 or upgrade to dual 6950s
 
Back
Top