• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5850's available anywhere?

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
2,046
Anyone seen any available in the last 24 hours? Got the go ahead from the wife, now need to find one in stock....

Thanks.
 
How is it oddman? Are you running multi monitor?

I'm desperate for one since the wife is onboard :p
 
Sick... I'm on a 4850 now... and i have 2 22"s i want to split my gaming experience on until I can get a third. God I wish I could find one in stock :)
 
I am guessing tomorrow they will show up in hoards since it is the week following launch and shipment will probably be received. If not the following week they will probably show in stock w/ the rest of the 57xx series.
 
Last edited:
ZZF had the Diamond 5850 in stock, but after I ordered mine they were OOS.
 
I would avoid HIS personally - I've never had a good experience with those cards.

Brand doesn't really matter on reference boards. They're all the same boards made at the same place, with the same coolers on them. Only difference is the brand name and how they handle warranties.
 
They usually ship on a first come first served basis. That said, I've had mine ordered since Sept 30th and it still hasn't shipped out.
 
Well i gave the wife a sob story about not being able to find a 5850, so she told me to buy the one i could get. HIS 5870 on the way now :)
 
[L]imey;1034712559 said:
Well i gave the wife a sob story about not being able to find a 5850, so she told me to buy the one i could get. HIS 5870 on the way now :)

Well played, sir. Well played.
 
[L]imey;1034712559 said:
Well i gave the wife a sob story about not being able to find a 5850, so she told me to buy the one i could get. HIS 5870 on the way now :)

Hehehe. Congrats! You have a nice wife and a nice video card coming. :)
 
And sold my current 4850 to boot to make up some of the cost. It's been a good day. Now if only ZZF would change my order status to Packed instead of processing ><
 
[L]imey;1034712700 said:
And sold my current 4850 to boot to make up some of the cost. It's been a good day. Now if only ZZF would change my order status to Packed instead of processing ><

Waiting on the same thing. ZZF can be slow at times.
 
I placed the order at like 11 pacific time. You'd think that'd be enough hours in the day to process it. Do they really need to hold my order up until tomorrow?
 
[L]imey;1034712957 said:
I placed the order at like 11 pacific time. You'd think that'd be enough hours in the day to process it. Do they really need to hold my order up until tomorrow?

They seem to believe so.
 
Brand doesn't really matter on reference boards. They're all the same boards made at the same place, with the same coolers on them. Only difference is the brand name and how they handle warranties.

Exactly - their warranty is only a year and contacting them is difficult at best.
 
[L]imey;1034712957 said:
I placed the order at like 11 pacific time. You'd think that'd be enough hours in the day to process it. Do they really need to hold my order up until tomorrow?

I placed an order for ram at ZZF on Sunday 10PM and my order is still listed as 'processing.' I think if its not shipped by the time I order my my 5850 I will just cancel it and buy it from newegg for $1 more.

Edit: I'm pretty angry at myself since I had two XFX 5850's sitting in my shopping basket on release date at Newegg and the high price kept me from clicking the confirm order button and now here I am refreshing the 5850 page on all my favorite online retailers every 10 mins.
 
Last edited:
I placed an order for ram at ZZF on Sunday 10PM and my order is still listed as 'processing.' I think if its not shipped by the time I order my my 5850 I will just cancel it and buy it from newegg for $1 more.

Edit: I'm pretty angry at myself since I had two XFX 5850's sitting in my shopping basket on release date at Newegg and the high price kept me from clicking the confirm order button and now here I am refreshing the 5850 page on all my favorite online retailers every 10 mins.

They don't process orders on weekends, but reading their little Order Status FAQ thing it says that most orders take one business day to process, so the orders the three of us made should be shipped out tomorrow. We'll see.
 
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not waiting 30 minutes and ordering the Gigabyte one from the egg so I could pay the 3 bucks for order expediting. Oh well... as long as it gets here by Thursday I'll be all set. (Wife is traveling this weekend, time for marathon gaming with my new toy.)
 
Screw it, I'd rather save the 125 bucks... Cancelled my ZZF order, in for the Sapphire 5850.
 
As much as that Sapphire is tempting, I'm pretty hellbent on getting an XFX. Lifetime warranties have served me well in the past.
 
Amazon says they're preparing my order to ship. I picked 1 day shipping, but they're estimating thursday instead of Wed. I hope that's a mistake... patience is not one of my virtues.
 
[L]imey;1034714099 said:
Amazon says they're preparing my order to ship. I picked 1 day shipping, but they're estimating thursday instead of Wed. I hope that's a mistake... patience is not one of my virtues.

I'm hoping they're saying Thursday just to be safe.
 
Derangel did you get confirmation that yours shipped? They gave me the run around this morning. I don't think they really had stock on them.
 
Back
Top