• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5850 triple output Q

Leb_CRX

Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
567
I am just wondering if I can use the three video outputs at the same time on the 5850? I see it has 2xdvi, 1xhdmi, and 1xDisplayPort

I plan on using 2xdvi
and 1xhdmi

but no displayPort

is that going to cause an issue? a friend told me you have to use the displayport for 3 outputs?
 
I am just wondering if I can use the three video outputs at the same time on the 5850? I see it has 2xdvi, 1xhdmi, and 1xDisplayPort

I plan on using 2xdvi
and 1xhdmi

but no displayPort

is that going to cause an issue? a friend told me you have to use the displayport for 3 outputs?

That is correct. The two DVIs and the HDMI share 2 clock generators.. so you can only use two DVI or a DVI and a HDMI at once.. for a third display, you must use displayport or an active adapter like the dell one referred to in this thread - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1461673
 
Back
Top