• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5850... Problems with WinXP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safehaven

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
224
I ordered a XFX 5850. I am still running WinXP for the moment and I really do not any intention to upgrade to Win7 before the end of this year. I have read spuratic posts on [H] that there may be issues with the 5800 drivers and WinXP. But, none of the posts have been very specific.

Am I going to have problems using a 5850 on my WinXP system?
 
I think you answered your own question. You're going to have to wait and see.
 
I think you will, it is very easy to assume that ati is just counting on people to get windows 7 or have atleast vista, I am thinking they don't really expect users to use these cards with windows xp.
 
I have XP and a 5850, I have been running it all weekend no problems. Games run fine, not stellar but fine. I have a hardware manager issues with an unrecognized device now, but it does play. I will be going Win7 tomorrow. But it DOES run.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top