• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5850 power requirement

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,366
I want to power my 5850 using external power supply, like those of laptops.

From what I am reading 5850 draws max of 150w. If I take two 12v laptop charger with output > 80w each, then convert them to molex then to pci-e power, would I be able to power the card safely?

Before you ask why would I want to do that, here's what I am trying to achieve:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gam...7667-lets-figure-out-how-make-diy-vidock.html
 
Back
Top