5850 Overclocks.. what are you running?

W.O.T. Stang

Limp Gawd
Just curious where everyone is at with overclocking on the 5850s. Im not a huge overclocker myself, but I was just trying to get close to 5870 territory. I stopped here and im very happy!

aeh.png

What's everyone else getting?

volts ?

5870 -950/1300 i run 1.2v but i dont need it. that .5 v is a little helper.

volts ?

5870 -950/1300 i run 1.2v but i dont need it. that .5 v is a little helper.

1.2v but i think im going to have to add more or back down the OC. After benching on crysis, im getting lock-ups with blue dots. Going to try your OC and see what it gets me.

Last edited:
1000/1250 via unlocked BIOS, 1.287 load voltage. Using water to cool the core, spot aircooling for the VRMs. Not going to push mine any further... not really interested in upping the volts beyond where they're at.

My most current so far. No stability problems as long as i keep the fan manually controlled. even though the speeds scare me a bit. Temps are staying around 75-78c under load depending on what im doing.

2ppko6g.jpg

My most current so far. No stability problems as long as i keep the fan manually controlled. even though the speeds scare me a bit. Temps are staying around 75-78c under load depending on what im doing.

2ppko6g.jpg

Afterburner says you have a 5800 series card, but your sig claims you have a 5750 BE. Which one is it?

kudos to those of you who overclock it. I cannot bring myself to OC mine because any increase in fan speed results in hairdryer/wind turbine noise levels. how do you guys put up with that noise?!

kudos to those of you who overclock it. I cannot bring myself to OC mine because any increase in fan speed results in hairdryer/wind turbine noise levels. how do you guys put up with that noise?!

40% isnt that bad, 45 and above is pushing it without headphones though. I do a large majority of my computing with noise canceling headphones on, so it doesnt bother me at all.

As far as the overclock... im still considering on keeping it or not. In the game(s) coughCrysiscough it does matter in, its a difference of 10 fps MAX. In the games it doesnt matter in, its the difference between 150 or 200+ FPS. :cool:

Either way, i just wanted to get it to perform at 5870 levels, since i practically paid that much for it. :eek:

Noise? Waterblocks don't make noise. :D

That's the real reason I switched to water. The ability to OC without needing a bunch of fans humming to a crescendo. My water setup is almost 4 years old now and hasn't really changed much in that span of time, same blocks, pump, rad, tubing, fans, everything. Just a bit of rerouting as hardware has switched about. It was $300 very well spent. Since then, all I've bought as far as cooling gear has been some extra bottles of coolant and some misc. RAM/SMD heatsinks, FragTape, and a few small spot-fans.

Other folks may have better performing H2O setups, but mine still does what I originally asked it to... cool my stuff down, and stfu in the meanwhile :)

Back