icetray9000
n00b
- Joined
- Dec 21, 2009
- Messages
- 12
Hey guys, sorry for the newbie question. I tried searching for an answer and could not find any helpful info. I have an asus a8n32-sli motherboard. I recently bought a radeon 5850 and tried installing it in the fisrt pci express slot. The system would not post and gave me a 3 beep error which means that the mobo wasnt detecting the 5850. I installed the video card in the second pci express slot, and the system booted up and I can use it. Does anyone know if I can get the card to work in the first pci-express slot and/ or why I have to use it in the 2nd slot? I upgraded from a 8800gt and had no problems running that card in the first slot? I also did a clean install of windows when upgrading to the 5850.
Thanks for any help guys
Thanks for any help guys