5850 help

Leykis

Limp Gawd
Upgrading my GTX260 card and was going to get a 5850. I can get a Sapphire HD 5850 for about $299 or spend an extra $50 and get the Toxic version. Is it worth the extra money for the Toxic or should I save my money and get the $299 one? Thanks for your help.

thats exactly my question also. Are you doing this for BFBC 2? That is my main reason for doing so.

I think i have decided on the reference versions now. I figure the extra overclock speed isnt worth the extra money and also i have been reading that the aftermarket coolers blow the hot air back in the case, the reference coolers blow it out the back of the case.

That's the one I'm going to get but I'm getting it through ebay from this seller....

LINK

Brand new, factory sealed for $299.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought an XFX Black Edition 5850 because it was the only in stock at Micro Center and it was the same price as the reference on Newegg.

The overclock on the Toxic and Black Edition cards is fairly small so I would say dollar-for-fps it is not worth $50 more.

Having said that, I have gotten very good overclocks on my Black Edition so I am not sure if these are binned or not.

The 5850 reference cooler is way more than adequate, in fact it is considered very efficient.

Back