• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5850 from PCI-E 8x

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
I have crossfire mobo M4A78-E.

You are supposed to use the bottom PCIE for 16x lane.

I need the PCI slots so I have to use the top PCIE 8x lane.

Will there be performance loss with one 5850?
 
shouldn't be too much of a problem. You will know if you are bandwith capped or not if you start getting massive frame rate drops.
 
I need the PCI slots so I have to use the top PCIE 8x lane.

Will there be performance loss with one 5850?

It'll be negligible. IIRC, there was an article on Tom's showing that 8x vs 16x wasn't an issue.
 
It'll be negligible. IIRC, there was an article on Tom's showing that 8x vs 16x wasn't an issue.

Is there something that shows a crossfire at 2 by 8x versus 2 by 16x?

I was looking at a couple mainboards, and want to see how much gain I get by gettin two full channels.
 
1-2% at most for single card operation.

Feel free to cry now.
 
Back
Top