Hey guys,
Need your opinion on this problem I'm having. Just upgraded to a new 5850 from a 4870 with system in sig. Been getting a few hard locks when playing BFBC2, maybe about 10 seconds after I enter the game. Has not happened in a less demanding game like Heroes of Newerth (have not tried any other games). Sound makes a buzzing sound and the reset button doesn't work. I have to hold the power button to shut it off.
This problem doesn't always happen, so far it's happened the first 2 times I've tried to play each day (for 2 days). Once it works though, I can game for a couple of hours without incident. The reset button not working suggests a power supply issue, I have an old Antec Truepower (1.0) 550. I've tried 2 PCIE connectors as well as 1 PCIE connector + 1 molex -> PCIE connector.
CPU is at stock volts, but has a raised BCLK (enough so that turbo 1 core = 3.6ghz). Idle power draw is around 105 watts, I can't remember load but I believe it's well under 300W.
Any suggestions? PSU is my first guess, but I'd rather not spend $$ for a new PSU when it could make absolutely no impact. The only other PSU I have is a Seasonic S12 330w which is in my HTPC.
Need your opinion on this problem I'm having. Just upgraded to a new 5850 from a 4870 with system in sig. Been getting a few hard locks when playing BFBC2, maybe about 10 seconds after I enter the game. Has not happened in a less demanding game like Heroes of Newerth (have not tried any other games). Sound makes a buzzing sound and the reset button doesn't work. I have to hold the power button to shut it off.
This problem doesn't always happen, so far it's happened the first 2 times I've tried to play each day (for 2 days). Once it works though, I can game for a couple of hours without incident. The reset button not working suggests a power supply issue, I have an old Antec Truepower (1.0) 550. I've tried 2 PCIE connectors as well as 1 PCIE connector + 1 molex -> PCIE connector.
CPU is at stock volts, but has a raised BCLK (enough so that turbo 1 core = 3.6ghz). Idle power draw is around 105 watts, I can't remember load but I believe it's well under 300W.
Any suggestions? PSU is my first guess, but I'd rather not spend $$ for a new PSU when it could make absolutely no impact. The only other PSU I have is a Seasonic S12 330w which is in my HTPC.