5800K hybrid cfx with 7750?

qwksi1

Gawd
I have a LP 7750 I want to put in a mini itx rig. I originally wanted to pair this with a 5800K but I am unsure if it will be better in hybrid CFX or as a discrete card. I guess what im asking is the 7750 "slow" enough to be paired with a 5800K?

The 7750 is architecturally incompatible with the 5800k's iGPU for hybrid crossfire.

So you would need a 6600/6700 series? Does it have to do with vliw4?

edit: I don't see the MSI ITX board anyways.

"The APUs in this group can all be matched with a discrete graphics card from AMD to enable “Dual Graphics” functionality. This is essentially a CrossFire solution using the onboard graphics and the discrete card. The HD 6670 and below cards for the 6000 series and the HD 7670 and below for the 7000 series can all be matched with an APU."

pcper.com
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...5600K-Break-Cover/Models-Platforms-and-Mother

if i were you, i would go i3 and pair that with the 7750.

If analysts are correct, I'd wait a month or three and see if the i3 drops in price. If you've already got the low profile card, that's probably your best bet.

Pentium with desecrate card, no need to pay the i3 premium if you aren't going to use the onboard video, the SB pentiums are nearly as fast as the i3s clock for clock.

Would like to see a clear chart from AMD saying which apu is compatible with what gpu.

From experience, hybrid crossfire has worked much, much better than regular crossfire for me. You just have to remember the apu is working with ddr3 which is slower than ddr5 of the gpu, the scaling however had been very good (there is no downgrade in speed on the gpu).

Pentium with desecrate card, no need to pay the i3 premium if you aren't going to use the onboard video, the SB pentiums are nearly as fast as the i3s clock for clock.

The Pentiums lack the 2 extra threads and stutter quite bad in certain titles like BF3.

I'd pony up the extra cash and buy an i3 Ivy. The 5800K is a nice chip, but it really loses its luster -- and purpose-- if you add a discrete GPU.

I have a LP 7750 I want to put in a mini itx rig. I originally wanted to pair this with a 5800K but I am unsure if it will be better in hybrid CFX or as a discrete card. I guess what im asking is the 7750 "slow" enough to be paired with a 5800K?

Wasn't this the AMD processor forum?

the ? was about amd, but the answer is intel.

he cant run hybrid crossfire with the card he has. what would you do? sell the 7750, buy a lesser gpu, and use hybrid crossfire? or keep your gpu and go intel i3?

7750 cant be paired with the 5800 the 7750 uses GCN the 5800 APU's igp is VLIW 4 aka 2 difference architectures thus no dice you need a 6670 or w.e for Hybrid crossfire

I've built quite a few lower end gaming builds for friends recently. They've all included an i3 of some flavor, 2100/2120/3220, and a $100-$200 GPU. Moving forward I may end up using 5800K's.

I ordered an FM2 board and a 5800K Monday night. I'm excited to see what kind of OC potential they have. I'm thinking if I can get it cranking 4.6-5.0ghz it'll outclass the locked i3. The 7660D also offers admirable gaming performance.

If AMD is able to close the IPC gap a bit more in the next product cycle I think they can really do some damage. Intel seems to be really focusing on GPU performance, they have made good strides with the HD2000-4000 and Haswell is looking good but their CPU improvements SB+ haven't been that large, and Haswell supposedly isn't going to offer a huge gains either. It's obvious AMD lit a fire with their first APU's and their lead in the GPU dept. is already very large and they've got much more experience than Intel. Their next APU with GCN/Steamroller could be killer.

Healthy competition is good for everyone.

Most reviews ive seen they max out at 4.4-4.5. Good luck getting to 5ghz.

Back