• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5770

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,279
Due to the size of my apt and gf, there is no room here for a desktop so therefore I am looking for a gaming laptop. The one I found has a m5870 which equals to a 5770 desktop.. The screen it comes with is the 1600 x 900 (G73).

My question is, how good is the 5770? The ONLY game I really plan on playing is the new BF Bad Company 2 game. What kind of performance can I expect?
 
probably similar to a 4870/4890?

I'm running a 4890 with a Q9550 at 1920x1080 max details no HBAO no AA and it's smooth in multiplayer. My friend just got the asus g73 (it's huuuuge), games are running great on it.
 
I can run BFBC2 with my 5770 at 1680 x 1050 all settings maxed HBAO on with no AA pretty well. No HBAO and 2x AA runs a little bit smoother.
 
Due to the size of my apt and gf, there is no room here for a desktop so therefore I am looking for a gaming laptop. The one I found has a m5870 which equals to a 5770 desktop.. The screen it comes with is the 1600 x 900 (G73).

My question is, how good is the 5770? The ONLY game I really plan on playing is the new BF Bad Company 2 game. What kind of performance can I expect?

The size of your gf prevents you from getting a desktop?

Well at 1600x900 with all settings maxed in DX11 mode and 8xMSAA 16xAF and HBAO on my 5770 does about 50 fps, Fraps gave me an avg of 48fps over about 10 minutes of play, it does drop to about 30-35 fps in heavy load situations with those settings.

Now back to medium settings and Eyefinity for me..
 
lol no, I meant the gf doesn't want a huge monitor, pc, computer desk and office chair in this small apt.

BUMP for more opinions. For those of you with the laptop or the 5770 what frame rates are you getting and at what settings?
 
Tell me a game and ill test it for you if I have it. I've only been playing SC 2 beta so I have not tried anything else.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
lol no, I meant the gf doesn't want a huge monitor, pc, computer desk and office chair in this small apt.

BUMP for more opinions. For those of you with the laptop or the 5770 what frame rates are you getting and at what settings?

Neither did my fiance. I said too bad, and now i have an Eyefinity setup :p
 
Tell me a game and ill test it for you if I have it. I've only been playing SC 2 beta so I have not tried anything else.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Battle Field Bad Company 2, Sir.
 
You should be fine. I run 1280x960 DX10, all settings high plus HBAO on and 2xMSAA on my 4850. And I'm a stickler for smooth frame rates for FPSes (at or around 60). I don't TEST them directly with FRAPS, I simply keep turning off settings until the frames are smooth as butter :D

Resolution increase from 1280x960 to 1600x900 = %17

You'll get slightly more efficiency going DX11 instead of DX10, and the 5770 is %15-20 faster than the 4850 at DX10, so you should be able to run the 5770 at 1600x900 with everything on high + HBAO and 2x-4x MSAA.
 
get a an mitx P55 board with a 750 or 860 and a 5850. BAM killer gaming rig you can fit in a tiny little box. :D
 
it is nearly the same performance wise as the 4870 if nothing the 4870 is slight faster in most dx9 and dx10 games. with the 5770 your just future proofing for dx11. i had both and preferred the 4870.
 
Back
Top