• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5770 worth it?

Valset

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
6,533
I am currently building a HTPC for my mom (Christmas) and so far set it up as so

4gb ram
9600 phenom, stock
Asus M3a78-EM 780G HD3200 IG on board
HD DVD / Blu-Ray reader / DVD Burner
WD 640gb hard drive,
Thermatake Bach case
EA 430 psu, will be changing to a 500 watt if I can find a 8pin to 4pin cable adaption.
will be adding a TV Wonder 650 PCI

It will be used to power my moms 50" 720p plasma screen (my mothers husband did not consult be before he bought it)

needless to say is sucks playing even older games so I am planning to add a card. as its only pushing 1mp it doesn't need much (thinking 4670) but I want this to last a while. Eyefinity is never going to be an issue and I can't see DX11 being much of one for a while. The gaming side would be for my brothers kids (and him to be honest :rolleyes:)

so is the DX11 worth paying the extra dollars or does the 5700 bring enough to warrant the difference?
 
Agreed...
At 1280x720 a 5750 should even do the trick!
 
Back
Top