5770 idle temp issues.

btgorman

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
237
Hey guys. I think my 5770 is idling at high temps. It ranges from 55-60~C via CCC.

The fan is usually around 47-60% (when set to auto) and very noticable. So I've been enabling manual fan control.

I set it to 30% and it's silent, but the temps VERY slowly rise from 55C upward to like 59C where it stabilizes.

I set it to 100% and the temps only level at 51C.

Is something wrong here?
 
Last edited:
if you just got it, need to know model and 2D clocks and case airflow. if you've owned it for a while, it may be dust buildup.

temps do seem high for 5770 idle though
 
What manufacturer and which cooler?

The v1 shroud/batmobile coolers have contact issues with the core.. lots of space between the core and the vapor plate of the heatsink. You may be suffering from an extreme case.
 
you have the Rev 2 cooler

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=664

if you don't have a card obstructing airflow to the 5770 fan, I'd guess the manufacturer put too much thermal application, so the HSF is not cooling as efficiently as it should.

what are your 5770's 2D clocks? believe the default values for the 5770 are 157 core / 300 mem.
 
Last edited:
What temp monitoring program do you use??

I'd install MSI Afterburner to look at the temps and then devise a "user defined" fan control to keep the temps lower.

I have a 5870, but generally the idle temp is 40C with 50% fans, and about 68C at loads.
 
Yeah right now it says my 2d clocks are 157 GPU / 300 Memory.

magoo, I was using CCC (Catalyst Control Center), however, I also get the same info from GPUZ.
 
Back
Top