• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5770 black screen UAC Secure Desktop Win7

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
7,592
I know whenever UAC activates, the secure desktop functioning does briefly black/blank the screen and dim it while the prompt window is active. However the black screen seems to last for over 1 second on my PC with the 5770.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with my specific card/setup, or a general problem. Using Cat 10.5 at the moment (no mention of any fixes related to me, so did not update to 10.6). I've tried both DVI ports on the card, same situation.

The screen only goes black for a mere fraction of a second on my 2nd desktop and my laptop.
 
Never mind, might have been premature to bring this up. Just bought this new card, so I'm a bit over nitpicking on watching for problems in case I need to RMA. (can do it at the shop within 30 days without dealing with the manufacturer).
 
Back
Top