• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5750 sometimes makes an odd sound

strekship

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
251
This is going to be a bit hard to describe, but I will do my best. Back in January I got a Sapphire 5750. There have been 4 or 5 times where the card suddenly starts to make odd sounds. It sounds a little bit like bacon sizzling or a playing card stuck in the the fan blades. It usually goes away after a few minutes or if i restart the computer. I have checked the fan and there is nothing near it. When I do stuff on the screen the sounds changes a little. I have taken the side off of my case and listened to it and it is definitely coming from the video card. There does not seem to be any sort of a pattern as to when this occurs. The sound does not visibly effect the performance of the card (as far as i can tell). Has anyone had similar experiences?
 
Back
Top