5670 vs. 5750

Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
526
I'm going to be building a computer for my friend in the near term. He's not a big tim PC gamer, but will be interested in playing SC2 when it comes out, most likely on a 1080p screen.

What do you think I should go with? He's looking to spend in the 600-800 range total, with an i5-750 figured in there (his hardest task on the system will be photo editing).
 
If he is doing any gaming the HD5750 has twice the processing power and is a better buy (800 vs 400 SP). If he's not gaming then the 5670 is a great card for everything else.
 
Last edited:
If he is doing any gaming the HD5750 has twice the processing power and is a better buy (800 vs 400 SP). If he's not gaming then the 5670 is a great card for everything else.

Actually the 5750 has 720SP (and 36 TMUs), the 5770 is the one that has the full 800 (with 40 TMUs).
 
Still- 5750 is significantly more powerful than the 5670, even with 720SP. Loving my 5750s.
I agree though- if he is going to game at all, I would get the 5750.
 
He won't really be gaming outside of Starcraft 2, is the 4750 really necessary considering it's $40-$50 more?
 
Back
Top